Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thursday at Intensivo

Thursday is a day of sacadas again. First we work review sacadas and go through all the possible sacadas.

Option A (follower's step)
- back
- forward
- open

Option B (leader's step)
- back
- forward
- open

Option C (direction)
- left
- right

We do follower's back sacadas for-EVER and I'm a complete klutz at them. I have to overpivot and then pivot some more and somehow step naturally back into the ankle, no I mean open space, of the leader. I either don't pivot enough or don't adjust my back step or fall into my back step or lean forward too much. I feel that this movement is subtle but not subtle in the way I'm doing it.

In the afternoon, I get my revenge and it's time for leader's back sacadas. Not that it fazes the assistant leaders at all. Oh well.

No comments: