Quick, simple and delicious.
1 T oil
1 tsp butter
1.5 cups of red dal
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 onion chopped
3 slices ginger minced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tomato chopped
3 cups broth
Salt to taste
1/2 lemon juiced
- Wash lentils.
- Heat oil and butter over medium in a large pot.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic. Sautee until fragrant
- Add garam masala. Fry 20 seconds.
- Add tomato and stir 30 seconds
- Add lentils and sautee a few minutes
- Add in hot broth to cover. If you need more water, then add enough to cover.
- Add salt to taste. Bring to a simmer and simmer with lid on for 15 min.
- Check the dal. Add more water for thinner dal. Stir in lemon juice and garnish with cilantro